Walking is the easiest form of exercise and is particularly recommended by Health Professionals as the best way to Health and Fitness.
If you suffer any form of ailment or are on the road to recovery from some form of Cardiac event, you must seek the advice of your Health Professional/Doctor or Cardiologist before contemplating any form of physical activity.
HEARTBEAT take advice from all the Health professionals in Calderdale, with the grading matrix and a responsible approach via our accredited and trained walk leaders.
IT IS HOWEVER STRESSED THAT WALKERS TAKE PART AT THEIR OWN RISK.
Trained Walk leaders
Trained Health Walk leaders
- Before embarking on a Walking regime make sure you have the basic requirements of walking boots or stout shoes and protective clothing for all weather conditions.
- Please walk at a pace that is comfortable for you, if you are struggling please tell your walk leader.
- Please follow the Country Code.
- Please notify your walk leader if you want to leave or feel unwell during the walk.
- Dogs are not welcome on any walks.
- Please Note: Walkers take part at their own risk. HEARTBEAT walk leaders are not responsible for any injury or accident that might occur before, during or after the walk. Walkers are reminded that, if needed, medication and glucose type drinks should be carried by the walker.
Please tell your walk leader before the walk if you have a diabetic condition or other ailments you feel he / she should know about.